Adolescents (single gender groups ages 13-17)
Located in Wisconsin and Oregon
Adolescent (Males and Females 14-17)
*Single gender groups
Why New Vision Wilderness?
Our nationally recognized, individually tailored wilderness therapy programs lead the industry in specialized intervention services and relational model therapy as a catalyst for positive change in struggling adolescents.
New Vision Wilderness (NVW) sets industry standards in therapeutic outdoor programming. NVW empowers the individual to improve decision-making skills and build healthier relationships. NVW works with the individual and the family. NVW provides an unparalleled wilderness experience while adhering to the highest standards of safety and individual attention. The emotional and physical safety of clients is the most important factor for our staff. We offer a “build them up” philosophy focusing on their strengths and encouraging growth in those areas. We utilize both adventure education and psychotherapy to create the change in clients and do not solely rely on a physical challenge regimen as the catalyst for change. NVW doesn’t rely on an outdated behavioral level system, favoring instead, a relational focused treatment plan.
New Vision Wilderness is here for you and we want to specialize our program to help your needs and your struggles. In the past our clients most commonly struggle with issues such as unresolved trauma histories, attachment/adoption distemper, anxiety, depression, dual diagnosis, low self-esteem or lack of motivation, legal problems, difficulties with decision making, anger management, bi-polar disorder, impulse control ADHD/ADD, OCD, eating disorders, and school attendance.
Highlights of the Adolescent Programming:
- Emotional and physical safety for our clients/your youth is the most important factor for our staff.
- Minimum length of Stay of 45 Days; average stay is between 6-10 weeks.
- At least 3 hours of intensive individual therapy per week and over 4+ hours of psychotherapeutic group oriented therapy.
- Access to clinical specialty staff 3 days per week.
- Individualized art therapy (Wisconsin Only)
- Brainspotting & EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitized Reprocessing)
- Adventure Education including backpacking, mountaineering, white water rafting, fly fishing and much more…
- Intensive family communication sessions
- HeartMath somatic stress-testing
- Continuing care options available
New Vision Wilderness strives to support the academic process of our clients by proving experiential learning and credit transfer to support the continuation of their education. Click here to find out more.
Families speak with their child’s therapist weekly and also have an in-person family therapy session during their child’s stay to assist in building strong family ties.
Meet Our Team:
Our dynamic staff offers a unique and intensive therapeutic process for clients. Field Therapists and Clinical Specialists are passionate about healing as well as using the outdoors as their office. The field team brings expertise in safety, adventure, and compassion for struggling youth. Biographies available click here for Wisconsin and click here for Oregon.
Trauma Informed Care (TIC) Model:
A true Trauma Informed Care model welcomes all levels of care including training in stress responses for all line staff. At New Vision Wilderness, there is an even stronger emphasis on clinical trauma training of the clinical team who compose deep interventions to effectively manage stress in the field. Our model is the result of many years of experience and a collaborative team approach…created, maintained, and updated by a team of highly experienced professionals.
- Contact our Admissions Team at 855.689.8326. We are excited to learn more about your child and to discuss if New Vision Wilderness is the right fit.
- Visit our admissions page to begin the online application by clicking “Online Registration” link below. This provides the Admissions Team and Administrative Office with basic information. An Admissions Counselor will contact you within 24 hours.
- Receive the Admission Packet from your Admissions Counselor or the Administrative Office.
- Fax, e-mail, or mail completed Admission Packet to New Vision Wilderness. Visit our contact page for complete contact information here.
How To Contact New Vision
To speak to a team member, please fill out the CONFIDENTIAL form below. A team member will contact you within 24 hours.